Join us in February/March
2012 for the true...
French Riviera Winter Experience
Not just for people living in cold weather climates!
Even if you’re lucky enough to live in a mild climate, you too
can enjoy a wonderful week (or weeks) in this pleasant destination. There
are so many more considerations than just weather.
What is the French Riviera Winter Experience all about?
It’s not a typical tour. It’s a vacation where you decide
what you want to do...
Explore the French Riviera on your own terms...maybe one day a guided
trip or museum visit with a few other participants...and the next day on
your own by car, bus or train visiting a coastal town or mountain top village
for an intimate lunch.
The French Riviera Winter Experience is a way to enjoy relaxing times.
Think Freedom and Flexibility...no rushing, no early wake-up calls.
It’s all about meeting new friends...or as we said before...be
on your own but not alone.
It’s for you to enjoy an insider’s view that captures the
essence of the French Rivera at this special time of year. Turn each day
of your vacation into an unforgettable adventure!
To get you started, a few must-see sights are included...you wouldn’t
want to miss them anyhow.
But that’s not all...authentic cultural, educational and fun experiences
are organized for you, offering a perfect balance of activities and sightseeing.
Join or not...do as much or as little as you wish.
The French Riviera Winter Experience is like having someone guide you
through the destination, revealing the culture behind it with surprises
and active adventures you could never do on your own...
Of course, traveling is so much more fun when you can share the experience.
That’s why we plan to arrange informal lunches or dinners before
or after the events. Getting to know your like-minded travelers (all English
speaking) is often an enjoyable experience in itself...
Only French Riviera Vacations offers you this very flexible program and
makes it all hassle-free!
What does your “French Riviera Winter Experience” include:
- Your accommodation for 7 nights (or more) at a hotel, apartment-hotel
or apartment in Nice. It’s your choice.
- Transfer from Nice airport to your accommodation - to make sure
you start off on the right foot.
- Welcome “Experience the French Riviera” meeting. Get
the information that will help you enjoy your stay to its fullest.
- Two half-day tours (or one full day) – see all the not-to-be-missed
sights in your driver-guided minivan
- travel east to Eze and Monaco / Monte Carlo
- travel west to St. Paul de Vence, Antibes and Cannes
- The French Riviera Pass
- Personalized assistance during your stay including arrangements
for optional cultural, educational and fun experiences - guided museum
visits; wine, cheese and olive tastings, cooking classes, romantic
overnight packages and much more.
We are there for you also to make sure this will be an unforgettable
The following is a short list of some Cultural, Educational and Fun experiences
we plan to organize for you...final details will be available closer to
- Attend an opera, church concert or other performance in and around Nice
- Join small guided museum visits on the Riviera...the area is second
only to Paris in the number of art museums – think Picasso, Mattise,
Chagall, Leger, etc.
- Visit the modern La Foundation Maeght near St. Paul de Vence, the Rothschild’s “Pink
Palace” on Cap Ferrat and Matisse’s Chapelle Rosaire in Vence
to name three.
- Think about the great cuisine on the French Riviera - French...Italian...Mediterranean
- participate in some formal and informal cooking sessions
- Learn the facts about French cheeses, olive oil, wines and other drinks
- Create your own perfume in Grasse, the “Perfume Capital of the
- Learn the rules and then enjoy a game of “boules”
- Include some of the French Riviera’s spectacular coastal walks
or take a biking tour of Nice
Very exceptional experiences
- A romantic dinner and overnight at a special hotel in a picturesque
town like Eze or St. Paul
- Drive in style on the French Riviera in one of those truly exclusive
cars...Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc.
- Take a short trip to one of Europe’s other great cities. It’s
only one hour by plane to Paris, Rome or Barcelona...Nice is very
centrally located in Europe
And don’t forget about your own wishes and dreams.
Tell them to us before you leave and we, along with our many contacts
on the French Riviera, will try to make them come true.
Click for dates and pricing information