The French Riviera Experience
(To be completed in December/January for March 2015)
What is the weather like in March on the French Riviera?
What should we bring along?
Medical services in Nice and on the French Riviera
- Regular Medicare not covered.
- Take special insurance.
- Credit card for restaurants, optional activities, etc. Capital
One (no fees) Note: Before you leave tell the credit card companies
in what countries / areas you will be so your card won’t be blocked
when you need it.
- Debit card – for getting money from cash machines.
(Using credit cards for getting cash is expensive)
- 220 Volt. However, hotels have hair-dryer, iron, plug for razor.
- Hotels, cafes and restaurants already include a 15% service charge. Leave the change (or a few Euros in a restaurant) if the servuces was very good.
Transportation on the French Riviera
- Self-drive car vs. local bus and train services (Itineraries with
stops) Green Michelin guide.
- Parking is quite costly in France. (In Nice about $30 for an overnight)
- Driving instructions for France
- Book a car before you go for the whole period. The minimum generally is for three days. Book rentals for one or two days in France (more costly.)
Any other questions – Please
email French Riviera Vacations here.